Top 5 Mistakes that Newbie Wig-wearers Make
You tried the wig for the first time but it doesn’t seem to look quite right. Learning by trial and error is not an option when your reputation is on the line. Simply avoid these top 5 mistakes that newbie wig-wearers make:
1. Not cutting the lace edges- Most newbies do not cut the lace edges for fear that they might overdo it and make the wig unwearable. If you are out on a romantic date and the wind blows just right to move the hair away from your hairline, your date will be able to see the lace edges and that’s just humiliating.
Do not cut off too much lace. Cut small portions of the lace instead of all of it at once. Cut the lace all around the front and sides of the lace wig using a long fluid scissors strokes to avoid the jagged edges.
2. Using wig adhesives without testing them first- Any product that we want to use on our face, do a patch test first. Glues are chemicals that may not suit all skin types. Apply a drop of glue on your forearm and leave it for a few hours or overnight. Notice the area after two days of patch test. If there is no allergic reaction, you may use the glue. If you see even the slightest skin irritation, forget using it.
Try our Lace Glue by Sassychick: https://bit.ly/3hhzul8
- is the ultimate lace wig adhesive that delivers worry-free comfort and confidence for weeks. Our unique invisible bonding helps hide your hairline & creates a natural look for your lace wig. Tested & certified for high temperatures and humidity, heavy perspiration, oily & sensitive skins, your lace wig won’t lift or shift.
• Perspiration resistant
• Extra Mega Hold
• Fast Drying
3. Inappropriately brushing and washing your wig- Extreme care should be taken when brushing the wig hair and it should always be from tip to root. Never comb on wet hair. When styling, take extra care around the knots, making sure you do not pull on them. Use a wide tooth comb or a wig brush. Do not wash a wig with extremely hot water as this will lead to shedding. Excessive heat from a blow dryer can also damage the wig hair, always blow dry on a low heat setting.
4. Choosing a wig color that doesn't coordinate with your skin tone- Pick a wig color that compliments your skin tone. This will make the wig look natural.The closer the color is to your skin tone, the more natural it will look.
5. Not preparing ahead- Dazzling human hair wig may seem like the coolest innovation ever as a result of the instant makeover and magnificence lift they bring. But be warned, there are certain activities that are not wig-friendly. Be wary of situations where someone can pull at your hair like kid’s party.